Make New Blogging Strategies For Upcoming Updates
Thinking about your blog strategy for upcoming Google updates? There are lots of factor that will determine how successful your blog can be. It starts from determining post topics to scheduling frequency to back-end tools.
It is essential to understand where to begin with, which all factors are the most important, what should be done when time and resources are limited Some companies throw up their hands in frustration, while others allocate the blog to an entry-level member with no experience to have something written for namesake. Few firms take the time to research best blogging practices before jumping into the blog fight.
One can learns several important tips to blogging success by following the examples set by some of the most popular blogs, instead of the trial by fire method.
There are numerous tips, tactics and strategies of blogging available online, here are few tips that will lend a hand your blog sparkle the New Year.
1. In case your blog is industry specific or skill specific, it is advisable to subscribe to and follow pertinent industry blogs and newsletters. Reviewing such blogs helps one to know what is latest trend and popular topic. It provides inspiration for new ideas and helps to learn about successful blogging. Commenting and linking to highly ranked blogs in your blog posts in case you use them as sources, it reveal your thinking and expertise, as providing a link back to your blog in the comment.
2. Especially for a beginner it is essential to develop an Editorial Calendar for the blog. It advisable to plan and schedule at least one blog post per week. It is important to understand that the topics might change if something important comes up. Brainstorm topics and generate new ideas and put topics on your calendar. It is best if one keeps a reminder file of ideas and concepts.
3. It is best when your readers give you their opinion, it really helps a lot. Let the reader tell what they want. Use email, direct mail, social media and your website to poll readers and solicit topics and questions. Let the readers comment on the posts. End the post with question, let readers comment. Take time and reply directly and thank readers for the comments. At times their comment lets to idea generation for your next blog.
4. It is unavoidable these days, do Format your blog for visual impact and readability. Include an iconic image at the top of the blog. Best if one can use headings and sub-headings to make the blog easy to scan. Try to put your thoughts point wise and maximize the use of bullets.
5. To appear in the first page of Google search it is best if you optimize your blog. In case you are using WordPress, install the SEO All-in-One pack. Use keywords, tags, and image to maximum point in your blog to attract. Promotion is very crucial for your blog, do it through your social media and online marketing outlets, including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, email blasts, Outlook signature, etc. if possible use a large banner or button on your website to drive traffic.
6. If your existing blog or website has good page view, try and write on topics with personal expertise and interest. In case you are a beginner for most demanded topics like tips on social media.
Hope these tips will get you started on your path to blog success that will also contribute to your blog’s ability to sparkle and shine in the New Year 2013.